From:
Roger McMillian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 14:00:10 -0700
>Assembly Bill 363 passed ...
>Assembly Members who voted AYE: ...
>Assembly Members who voted NO: ...
>Please take the time to write these individuals and thank them for their
>support (addresses accessable through our web site).  For those who voted NO
>or Abstained, write them too, but be polite and...

email is on its way.

---> Let's not forget Jan Goldsmith! <---

> The next step is the Assembly's Appropriations Committee.

Appropriations? for what? a mere formality...

> Please keep in mind that we have a long way to go yet.

--->"The road is long... with many a winding turn..."

>From:    Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
>I haven't received too many submissions for the next advertising issue...

Mine are on their way!

>I agree with you completely on your take of "7th Heaven." I don't watch that
>show and IMHO I am glad because of how they portrayed ferrets.  I love
>watching shows with ferrets.  My dad loves the movie "Beastmaster" ...

From all the mail I received on this, it seems a lot of people missed the
final insult at the end... the ferrets escaped.  Closing shot pictured the
two maligned mustelids scampering unnoticed out the church door to the wide
open spaces.  From what I gathered from the show, these two ferrets were
unaltered (The kids bought them from a man at the mall with the intent to
breed them).  [I may be wrong about their intactness but it seemed to be a
subtle way of saying that 'if ferrets are legal here people will let them
escape and they'll escape and start feral colonies.  ' We all know the
likelihood of that happening (nil) but that seemed to me to be the marginal
point they were trying to get across.  I'd love to see this bill become a
law.  It means that if I ever seel the series I'm working on to H'wood , I
can take my ferrets with me (there are a few ferrets in the series as pets
of the main character).

The one thing I diodn't like about the Beastmaster films was the
inconsistency where the ferrets were concerned.  In the first one, one of
the ferrets was killed at the end.  IN the second, it was back from the
dead, but then both of them got left behind in modern-day LA (in an FFZ).
In the third both ferrets were back again.  I know, they may have been
other ferrets, but you'd think Dar could be a bit more original in naming
them... :) i think it was more that coincindence that that particular
episode of 7th heaven was aired at that time.  I wasn't even aware that it
was on the schedule that night I think it was a sub for "2nd Noah" or
something.