From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 23:27:18 -0400
What Ela is unlikely to tell you tomorrow when she posts more about
Anthrocon is what a wonderful job she does talking about ferrets.  During
the hour before the big charity auction which raised most of the money
for S.O.S., she and I talked to the group about ferrets and what SOS
does.  I insisted that I go first and do the boring part, talking about
the organization, on the theory that it is always good to save the most
interesting part till last so we wouldn't lose their attention.  Good
choice on my part!  Ela is sooooo funny and natural.  She talked about
ferrets, ferret care, ferret personalities, and the NJ Xmas Rescue that
she was an active part of.  Definitely hit the right notes and ended
our talk on the right note.  I'm sure people were twice as happy to
help shelter ferrets because she had described them as so lovable and
interesting.

We had such a good time, and the Furry Fandom is a great group.  So many
thanks to Anastasia Kidd for urging the Anthrocon committee to look into
our group!!

Blessings,

Judith
--