From:
"Church, Robert Ray (UMC-Student)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 22:23:03 -0500
As promised to my friend in Chicago, my next series of posts are on
ferret enrichment.  As with the series on bone eating, this series will
be a combination of explanation, description of current method and
theory, and practical suggestions.  Also, as before, I will hold comment
on all questions until the end of the series and ask questioners to do
likewise, although general comments that do not require a response are
encouraged at any time.  However, with THIS series, I will be trying
something new, thanks to our illustrious and most helpful moderator,
BIG.  Bill has most graciously offered to post photos and diagrams on
his website, and provide a temporary link for FML readers.  This should
shorten some of the descriptions, or at least make some of my writing
easier to understand.  We all owe--I owe--Bill a deep debt of gratitude
for his much appreciated offer of time and help.  Thanks, Bill!

The enrichment series outline is as follows:

Introduction
Caging: From Drags to Enrichment
Experience Novelty for the First Time
Adding Random Variability (Or not, or Sometimes)
Making Complexity Simple
Stimulating Those Sensory Cells
Mutual Enrichment
Questions
Final Remarks

Some posts will be multipart, and I'm trying to come up with a graphic or
photo of some type for each subject.

Bob C

[Moderator's note: Actually, I don't have a website, but I do have lots
of space here and there I'm not using... so I may as well use some!  BIG]