From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 18:46:30 -0500
Debbi - I don't think its hypocritical to shelter/rescue and breed.  I
think its hypocritical to breed and not rescue.  I actually have a bumper
sticker that reads "If you don't rescue don't breed".  BTW I have never
bred anything in my life and never will.

I really wish people would quit using "We will never get pet stores to quit
selling ferrets" as some sort of logical reasoning for not doing something.
Its simple defeatism.  The dog and cat community have not stopped the
selling of puppies and kittens totally but they have certainly made in
roads and fewer pet stores carry them   Its a constant ongoing education
process as young people come of age.  They haven't given up the fight and
neither should we.

Mary in MI