From:
"alan R. Koslow MD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Dec 1996 13:22:29 -0800
Hi!
This is Tina (not Alan)
I agree Marshall Farms is an abomination to all ferret lovers.  They breed
for profit and don't really give a hoot about their ferrets health and
living condisions, unless they stop reproducing.  Ferrets from MF are
supposed to have HALF the life span of a respectaple breeder's ferrets (3-6
years as apposed to 8-14).They breed brothers with sisters and moms with
sons.  They look at ferrets in the respects (disrespects) of a car or toy ;
with just as mutch mass-production.  Their ferrets are also more inclined to
health defects.  They may get sick and die; like getting the most wanted toy
for christmas (or hannukah), and having it break the next day.  And worse
(well, mabey NOT), sending them to animal testing labs.  I agree, animal
testing is important for finding vaccines and cures that may save lives.
But I think everyone should agree, ferrets should not give they're lives for
shampoo and chapstick.  But, alas, I cannot ignore their efforts to get
ferrets legalized in CA, even if for profit (PS: they say a wild animal is
something not usualy domestictted in the state, yet california has one of
the highest ferret population, so obviosly ferrets ARE usualy domesticated
in CA!).  I also think- even though their ferrets are poor quality- they
have some ecelent products out there.

PS
I have heard you can tell a MF ferret by looking in the ears for two
tattooed dot, and in quite a few places.  I have also heard it is a sign
that they are nutered and desented.  Witch one is it?

Ankle-Bitting

This is kind'a obvious; but try spraying bitter apple or lime on your
ankles, it really works!

My ferret's coat is so oily and looks like she took a bath in grease.  I
don't bathe her more than once every two months or so (it dries skin and
acctualy makes them make MORE oil to compensate the loss).  Any suggestions?
She looks like a long,(dare I say it?) wet rat.

Tina   ///
      (. (.