Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 20:27:31 EST
Hello all,

It's not been a good day.  Mandrake took a turn for the worse in her
recovery from insulinoma/adrenal surgery, which was a week ago today.  She
died from pneumonia this afternoon at the vet's office.  She had developed
diabetes following surgery and had to start insulin and IV fluid treatment
yesterday.  Losing her is so difficult.  When we lost Bandit last month, I
knew he was a surgical risk due to his age and his multiple problems.  But
Mandy seemed so strong and I fully expected she would recover well and have
lots of time left with us.

I was just reading issues of the FML that I had missed over the past couple
of days and just read Dana's post of losing Princess.  Dana, I'm so sorry
for you loss.  I share in your anger.  It is devastating to think of people
casting aside their ferrets, when I would give anything in the world to
have the five I've lost this year back in my life.  Life can be so unfair.

I will try to write about her soon; I'm not up to that right now.  Thanks
for listening and please give you kids an extra hug tonight.  You just
never know when you won't get another chance.

Lucie & Jack with Merlin, Myst, Clarence, Jessie and Sarah
Always missing Bandit, Gandalf, Jasmine, Aislyn and Mandrake