Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:34:06 0
Dear All,

I've been away awhile and sadly, it's not good news that brings me back.
Tally, my eldest fert died today following an operation on his right
adrenal gland.  He'd had his left removed three years ago so I believe at
least we had a few extra years together as I nearly lost him following
that operation.

Apologies for bad grammar but I'm rather shell-shocked.  Thank you to
Wayne for posting asking for your thoughts to be with us, thank you to
all those that had time to say a quick prayer for him and thank you BIG
for the FML.

Sandee, could you please look out for him?  His favourite toy is a folded
up crisp (chip) packet or anything that crinkles.  He's not got anyone
over the Bridge to meet up with but I promised him a few days ago that
if he did cross, and if I behaved myself down here, I'd see him again as
soon as I can.  The boys send their love.

I feel incredibly lost and small at the moment.  The others look bemused.
I took them in to say goodbye and Fane licked Tally's ears one last time.
Tally is the first one I've lost and though I'd thought I'd prepared for
this moment, I realise there is nothing one can do.

It is very probable that the adrenal disease was a result of early
neutering.  As I bought Tally from a pet shop, I am partly responsible
for encouraging this practice.

In closing, thank you all again, it means more than I can adequately
express to have you all there.  Every day is precious with our woozles
because we never know how many we have left.

Love and dooks to all,
Susan, Bailey, Fane, Eric

       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_   ferrets may nip, but people just suck.