From:
Jennifer B <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:41:11 -0500
Hello!  Thank you so much to all who emailed me regarding my post about
Sasha's odd smelling lavender tail smell.  I'm so glad to hear that this
appears to be a 'normal' occurrence with many ferrets however I am still
perplexed about those who said their fuzzbutts' tails often smell like
GRAPE or GRAPE JELLY ????  WAY TOO FUNNY!!!  These fuzzies never cease to
keep me guessing and laughing till I have to pee or puke! ;-)

But for the life of me I just can't imagine what on earth an 'artificial
grape smell' would be like to sniff but I'm sure when you love your
kiddos like we all do, we'll tolerate virtually anything about them!! LOL

I was just amazed at how many people commented on the grape jelly thing...

Anyway, thanks so much to everyone who helped put me at ease by
reassuring me that my sweetie is actually 'normal!' (But honestly, have
you ever really seen a NORMAL ferret?) LOL

By the way .... my other fuzzie, Snowball doesn't have any 'odor' (good
or bad) whatsoever but I do like his "morning smell" when we're cuddling
together first thing after he wakes up - it kinda smells soft if that
makes any sense .... Just makes me want to cuddle him all the more!

Peace and blessings to everyone - Jen, Sasha & Snowy