Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:27:24 +1100
Hi and a big thanks to everyone who told me not to worry about Baz having
her tail amputated.  It helped me a lot.  Well, the deed has been done, and
I must say it was quite a shock to see her without her glorious tail.  It
doesn't help that she is bare-butt naked, so I guess that looks worse.
Quite frankly I think she will look very cute once her hair grows back,
like a gorgeous little bear.  However, it has now been nearly 6 days since
the surgery, and she does not seem at all happy.  I figured at first that
she was just getting over the surgery and gave her a few days to come
around.  However, she still seems quite sore.  Obviously she is sensitive
and jumpy where her little bobtail is concerned (I refuse to call it a
stump!) I was expecting that.  However, when I scruff her to give her
antibiotics, just pick her up (being careful to avoid her stitches &
wound), or even when she tries to lift a hindleg to climb out of the sink
(under supervision), she gives that hurt dook.  You all know there is a
distinct fast rumbling dookadookadookadook when they are hurt, and that is
the one :o(.  By the way, she is not a sook, and does not ordinarily do
this.  Now my question is: did any of your tailless fuzzie babies
experience this, and if so were they ok and did they recover without
problems??  Is it just the wound itself or is it her back that is sore??
Baz is not due back to the vet for another 5 days to remove the stitches,
but if she is still acting this way by tomorrow, I will take her for a
check-up to be sure.  I feel terrible for her, and I can't even give her a
big cuddle to show her mummy loves her and everything will be alright,
because it hurts her :o( (hey Kasey, how is Shoshoni doing?  Any news?)

Thanks for listening and I hope you have some advice for me,
fuzzy prayers to all the sick and hurting babies & all those waiting at
Rainbow Bridge,
Deb & Bobtail Baz (one of the super sweet six!)