Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 09:32:57 -0800
Our two new family members have been nothing but a joy.  I can see how
the ferret math works as I am sure in the future we will have more.  With
nine people in the house two ferrets are not enough.  All of the girls
have come around to the ferrets.  Their favorite games, letting the
ferrets crawl up their shirt sleeves or chase the yarn around the floor.
The girls that are afraid of the ferrets are not allowed to pick them up
so the yarn game is a lot of fun for them.  I am going to have to go to
the boat and get a fishing pole and bobber.  That should keep everyone
entertained.

Rocky is sure to get it in his head to pester someone and when he has
chosen that person he sure is persistent.  It is pretty funny.  I now have
four lambs in the house.  Two of which were born on Thursday.  Thursday
night I was holding one in my lap while I was sitting on the floor.  Rocky
came up and was biting the lamb so I put the lamb in the kitchen (their
safe zone) and sat back down.  Rocky came up and pestered me for awhile
and then fell asleep in my arms.  It was the first time he has come over
and done that.  Usually he goes back in his cage or to salts favorite
spot.

My questions are, what can they eat (human foods) for treats.  You can't
eat anything without a couple beggars.  And I don't want anyone feeding
them something they shouldn't.  They have ferret treats and that is all
they have been getting.  If you have food you also have two friends that
wont quit harassing you.  I have heard cheerios, popcorn any thing else?

Salt is the other ferret we adopted.  He likes to play but doesn't want to
be held.  Is there any way to teach him to like being held?  Also Salt is
the thief of the house.  We pulled out three socks from his spot that he
snagged from the laundry basket.  Plus he likes my slippers.  He will only
take my right slipper though.  I have even put my slippers on the wrong
feet but he still take the same one.  Silly boy!  He takes it off my foot
and drags it to his spot.  At least now I will know where one of my
slippers are.

Molly
Wilson's Feed and Stock

http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/SuburbanSt/wilsons-feed-stock/index.html