From:
David Harmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 1995 22:47:38 -0400
I all, Just a quick question, what and where is Marshall Farms?

[Moderator's note: Thank you!  That's the most refreshing Marshall Farms
post I've seen for a while :-)  But just so we don't all flood David with
answers: Marshall Farms is a commercial ferret breeder in North Rose, NY.
(Rural NY state, so the ferrets probably don't have a Brooklyn accent after
all.)  They are the largest breeder in the country and supply lots of the
ferrets sold to pet stores and research facilities.  BIG]

Also, I have been browsing some of the digest,(lightly) and I am perhaps
mislead about the on-going convo about Breeders...  and feel I would like
to give my two cents.  I lived in Ontario, and met up with a young lady
whom has taken it upon her self to look after unwanted ferrets, and find
home's for them.  At that time she was doing this by herslef, with her own
money & money from adoption fee's.  My concern with breeding, home or
commercial, is that there are alot of ferrets that are unwanted by the
owners, due to the fact of the owners ignorance (in my opinion) and have
decided to get rid of them.  Should'nt we be trying to find home home's for
them, before purchasing ferrets from stores etc?  I admit My first ferret I
bought from a per store, because of my ignorance, but as I became more
involved with them, I see and hear more and more about unwanted ferrets..
I now have six ferrets (and love them as my children) 2 of were born here,
and the other three I took from a lady who could,nt find homes for them, I
even got a freind to take another one...( I am not looking for praise!)
Well there that's my 2 cents...

David  Harmer - [log in to unmask]