Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 1995 13:56:00 CDT
The 8&1 ferret food was eaten as much as the Iams lamb and rice, which is
less than the Pro Plan and Iams kitten.  So, it is now part of their
regular diet - free choice, of course.

OR Death - The baby died from loss of blood caused from multiple bite
wounds.  Now my question is - Where were the parents while the baby was
screaming and crying!?  Perhaps the baby started crying first and the
ferret was attracted to the noise.  Could the ferret have been trying to
help by trying to bring the baby to the parents?  (an impossible task
for a 2# ferret but they don't know that)  Ferrets are not vicious. Obviously,
there had to be neglect and possibly abuse in this case.  Personally, I would
never leave any animal alone with a human that was unable to fend for
themself (baby, elderly, handicapped).

Morris Animal Foundation tried to raise funds back in 1985 (I think) to
perform the ferret shedding studies.  Morris is still taking donations for
the study.  As far as I know, they do support the shedding studies.  I'll
be interested in what Laura finds out.

I do house 40 ferrets, but only 19 are mine.  The others are boarders and
they all run with mine.  Our home will seem so empty when the boarders go
home.  13 belong to one person and since they've been with me (Dec 16)
their coats have become so soft, fluffy and the color is bright not dingy.
At any one time you may see an average of 5 ferrets.  I have counted only
15 at the most at one time - the others are sleeping under the dresser, in
the drawers, or in the outside cage.  You'd never know how many ferrets
there are unless I tell you!  All 40 ferrets at an average of 2# (80#) weigh
less than my 1 white german shepherd.

Hugs to all!  tle