From:
Ferret Lover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 03:41:30 +0000
I am very frustrated.  I doubt this will ever make it to the list, but even
if BIG just as much as reads it I will be happy.  I have tried to post
things to this list several times, yet I never see my posts the next day.  I
suppose it is because I reply to sensetive topics and it is possible that
they are seen as flames or whatever.  But what is really irritating me is
the fact that other people write letters that say exaclty what mine say,
except at the start of the post they say "This isn't meant to be a flame" or
"sorry if someone takes this as a flame" Is this all I have to do?  I can
write whatever I want, as long as I put at the front that it is not a flame,
even though it is clear that it really is?  I was not aware that I would be
so highly censored when I joined, and I have spent a lot of time writing and
thinking about what I want to say, and it irritates me that noone can even
as much as see my thoughts, and I dont' get something back saying my letter
was denied and/or why.  Well that's it, I'll get off my soap box now.  I
guess I should add that "this isn't meant to be a flame" to BIG because he
is apparently someone I don't want to make mad.  But I think it is obvious
that you are allowing flames, as long as people add a disclaimer.

[Moderator's note: Sorry to take up list space with this, but I'll use this
space to clarify policy some.  I have to reply to this here, since I know of
no other way to contact this person.

If, for whatever reasons, I feel the need to reject a post, I *always*
contact the poster and tell them why.  And I hate rejecting posts, first
because it's quite time-consuming since I write to give reasons for the
rejection, but also because I don't like to suppress people's ideas.  (Well,
actually there are a couple of exceptions: I won't notify spammers, nor
obvious misposts, like someone sending their request to subscribe to the
list by mistake.)

I have no idea who sent in the above post.  It is not signed with a name,
I don't have any similar email address subscribed, and the address itself
is not valid.  So I have no way of contacting this person.

So, whomever you are, please contact me with a real email address and we can
discuss why your posts aren't getting through.  I have only received one
post from you (plus this one) in all the years of the FML, and that one post
was indeed rejected.

As to why posts get rejected -- well, the list of reasons is in the
guidelines, but in short, if its ferret-related and not a flame, it gets
posted.  I post unpopular opinions sometimes, but if the post fits the
guidelines, it gets posted.  BIG]