From:
sargentcolburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 23:19:42 -0400
Dear Ferret Folks-

I think that I really, really frightened my boss today.  Mind you, the
poor man is under a lot of pressure these days.  He bugged another one
of his employees recently.  She managed to get ahold of some of his
personal effects when he was moving, and now she is selling a pair of
his underpants on E-Bay.  In his name.  (Bidding is up over $100.00.
He is a doctor, and the other doctors are having a blast with this.)

So he is a little scared of us.  But I digress...

Anyway, when he ran into me this morning, I was sitting on the floor of
my department's office with my sneakers off.  I was cutting out foot
shaped pieces of cardboard with a pair of shears.  In effect, making a
temporary insole.  I needed the temp just for the day.  When I put my
sneakers on this morning, I was so tired that I hadn't noticed that one
of my insoles had been violated, gnawed by weasels in a forbidden act of
vandalism.  What was left of it came apart under my heel before I even
left the house.

So there I was at 9 AM making a cardboard one, so I could at least walk
comfortably.

My boss walked in, took one look at me, and folks, he didn't even stop.
I think that he just simply did not want to be involved, did NOT want to
know why I was cutting out little paper feet on his nickel.  The sheer
psychic force of his denial of the event he was witnessing propelled him
past me at a high rate of speed.  All I said as he half ran past me was
"Ferrets".  I offered no other explanation.

He did not make eye contact.  He simply fled.

True, being a ferret owner does make for the occasional surreal moment,
such as cutting out little paper feet because weasels ate your insoles,
but at least ferrets only steal your underpants.  They don't sell then
on E-Bay.  Here is the item number, if you want to look.

Item # 2834028410

Alexandra in Massachusetts

[Moderator's note: OK, so who's going to put their underpants on eBay to
benefit SOS?  And will well-used ones bring in more or less money?  BIG]