From:
Lisa Harless-Worley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:45:51 -0500
My heart goes out to all who are missing ferrets.  Congratulations to
Eppy's mom, too.

I have to tell this story about my ferret, Stinky.  Stinky had surgery
almost three weeks ago for insulinoma.  She was very ill.  Saturday, she
disappeared.  We could not figure out how she got out, or when.  When we
are home, she has free run of the house.  My husband crawled around under
the house looking for her.  (I can't crawl because I have a broken leg.)
Anyway, after much searching and nerve wracking, I was lying in bed about
10:30 Saturday night thinking about where Stinky could be when I heard
scratching on the back door.  I went and looked and there was Stinky
scratching to get in.  We think she got out around where the duct work is
attached to the furnace.  For some reason, it seemed to have been pulled
loose.  My husband fixed it, but I was so relieved.  Stinky seemed so
glad to be back home!  Has anyone else ever had a ferret do this?

Lisa