From:
Linda Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:11:53 -0400
Dook dooks.  I just had my 2 ferrets to the vet yesterday because there
was some skin irritation going on causing itching/discomfort especially
in my male who recently had adrenal surgery.  I suspected the itchiness
in him to still be from the harmones from the adrenal disease.  I posted
earlier about my ferrets itchiness and got some responses but just wasn't
sure what to do with the information, so being that I am very cautious
what I use as treatment on my fuzzies & not sure of a diagnosis, thought
I should seek the vet for my concerns.  My vet was concerned with the
irritation found and he asked if we did anything different in their room
lately that could cause this.  The only thing we did different in their
room was to use Nature's Miracle on the carpet to clean up/deodorize
some residue from them periodically missing their litter boxes :-) plus
shampooed the carpet 2 months ago with a Rug Doctor shampooer.  Our Vet
suggested we stop using both the Nature's Miracle and the shampooer.
YIKES!  What can we use?

My question is how many of you use Nature's Miracle for cleaning and has
any one else ever had the problem of skin irritation from the use of
this product?  Also, what do any of you use to clean up and to shampoo
carpets?  Need to find a way to keep these guys from getting irritated.
We always take the ferrets out of the room and always wait until the
carpet is completely dry before they are returned to their room.  Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated and helpful.  My vet said he
had no idea what we could use.  Certainly can't just go without cleaning
their room at all.  Thanks in advance and hope I explained my dilemma so
there is no misunderstanding.

Linda, owned by Kodo and Tacoma

With love from me (Pinky)
And the ferret duo Tacoma & Kodo
(Ferrets leave tiny little paw prints on our hearts)
Visit my daughter & her fiance's ferret web site at
http://www.hideyhole.org