From:
Ophelia Hardin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:34:08 -0700
I've taken to calling him "Peanut" after Jill Brumley's suggestion --
fits the little squirt perfectly!

I agree that poor mamma is never going to get any rest the way he
constantly wiggles about. A few days of that and I'd want to eat my
young, too!

For you Windows users, I wanted to point out an easier way to watch
them, without being stuck inside the webpage.

Make a new shortcut on your desktop by right clicking on a blank space
and selecting New | Shortcut. When it asks for the location of the
item, enter:

mms://NZPWMserver1.si.edu/bff

and hit the NEXT button. When it asks for name, type "Peanut" and hit
the FINISH button.

Ideally, you should end up with a shortcut, which upon clicking,
opens *just* Windows Media Player with the webcam view. This works
in WindowsXP, but I'm not sure of the procedure in Windows Vista.

The beauty of the method is that you can watch full-screen!

The webmaster has thoughtfully included a cut-off time of about 15
minutes, so if you forget and leave the window open, you'll be
disconnected so other people can watch. Just hitting the Play button
resumes the broadcast.

[Moderator's note: That link will work fine on a Mac too if you have a
media player such as VLC installed. (http://www.videolan.org/)  BIG]