Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 14:26:35 -0500
Yesterday I bade a fond farewell to my very first ferret, Elie Wiesel.  He
lived to be about nine years old, and for four of those nine years he was
being treated by Dr. Weiss for insulinoma and adrenal disease.  He survived
two surgeries, a urinary blockage, and a bout with ECE and giardia.  I
believe that the Dr. Weiss' kindness, generosity, and tremendous skills had
a great deal to do with Elie having survived as long as he did.  He was
much loved and will be missed, but clearly it was time for him to go.
Goodbye, Elie.

Gail Shochet, Pixel, Pepe, and Kiaya