From:
Bill and Michelle Echols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 09:59:42 -0800
Need answers ASAP.  Have a co-worker who bemoaned her"skunks coming in
the dog door" problems, ending it with the fact that her husband shot the
baby skunk after it went back outside.  She is sure that there are more.
I couldn't help myself...I asked her if she could please trap it in a
have-a -heart trap, and call me to get it rather than shoot it.  'Tis
only a 300 mile round trip, and a baby skunk has got to be almost as
cute as a ferret....Right?  (No Death Adder...don't go there!!!)

My question is, if I get the wee one(s) their shots, and de-poofed, can
ferrets and skunks live in harmony in the same house?  Has anyone done
this?  Am I bats to even think of it?  We're up to 15 ferrets, 2 are
adrenal, 2 not de-poofed, and the rest are wild n crazy dookers bouncing
off walls, pulling books off the shelves...you know, normal!

I have a Vet that would make the skunk 'safe' (shots), and presentable
for keeping in our home (de-poofed) if anyone out there has made this
work!!

Please advise...I fear she'll call before I can figure out if our babes
(ferrets) would be happy with this, and safe too!

God, the next thing you know, I'll be inviting the raccoons in for tea!
Think I'll double my medication!  (Don't go there Death Adder!!!!)

Michelle the unhinged RN, the gang of 15 in and 9 out (raccoons), and
Willie the long-suffering mate!