From:
Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 02:13:24 EST
In yesterday's FMl I noted that I thought it was time to end the posts
which discussed euthanizing ferrets with a pellet gun:

>[Moderator's note: I'd like to ask that we end this topic, please.  It's
>like trying to debate the death penalty -- it will go on and on without
>resolution.
>
>My take on the subject: all ferret euthanasias (by injection) I have
>witnessed were done with the utmost sensitivity and did not stress the
>ferret.  And if injection isn't one's preferred method, other humane
>methods, such as over-exposure to anesthesia, are available.
>
>Ed has described an alternate method which he claims works for him.  Fine,
>now we know about it.  But the debate stops here -- I'm not going to waste
>everyone's time and patience talking about how many squirrels he shot. BIG]

Judging from several emails I received over the last several hours which
basically begged me to make just such a statement, and from several posts
today which continue the debate, I suspect many people didn't read my note.

Let's please put an end to this thread?  Effective immediately, I'll return
posts which attempt to discuss it.

I'd also like to stop the debate about Syracuse University, Upstate Medical
Center and SUNY.  I think the explanations were sufficiently stated and
we're down to "nitpicking".

Thanks all!
Bill