From:
Brian Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 01:39:34 -0500
Can Sentinel be used on ferrets?  I use sentinel on my dogs as a
heartworm preventative.  It also stops fleas from breeding.  If a flea
bites your dog, that flea will be sterile.  I have not seen a flea in
my home the past 3 years.

I am going to ask my exotic veterinarian about yearly vaccines.  I would
like your all's opinion on vaccines.  I know this is a touchy subject so
please e-mail me privately: [log in to unmask]  I promise to keep your
opinions confidential.

We do 3 year rabies vaccines for dogs & cats in my state.  Is there a 3
year rabies vaccine available for ferrets?

Are yearly boosters really necessary?

Is there proof ferrets lose their immunity after their first annual
shots?

We give small children vaccines and they get immunity for life.  I only
know of 1 vaccine we should get every 10 years.

The last few years I have debated vaccines.  I no longer get my 17 year
old cocker vaccinated (except for her rabies shot).  I don't want to tax
her immune system.

Thanks for any input,

Brian