From:
David Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 07:50:37 EDT
First I would like to say that I am sorry if anyone has lost or has sick
or injured babies, my heart goes out to you.

My name is David, and I am a first time owned human.  About 2 months ago,
I purchased a wonderful Marshall's female sable, at the tender age of 9
weeks old.  Last weekend I took in a Marshall's male panda as a rescue.
I was told that he is about the same age.

My problem is simple, whenever I take them both out together, which is
99% of the time, she constantly chases after him, attacks him, and pins
him to the ground.  I have tried everything I know to introduce them.  I
cleaned both cages, gave them each a bath, switched their bedding, which
by the way, she refuses to sleep in his.  I spend a little more time with
her than him, in order to in-force the fact that she is here to stay,
when I got her, she was alone in the cage.  Even if I put them together
in his cage, she continues to attack him.  It ends either when she starts
hissing at him, and than he climbs into his cage, or I have to intervene
cause he is whining.  I make sure that she is first for everything, food,
water, treats.  When I let me out together, I hold them, give them hugs
and kisses, which by the way, she likes, he doesn't, than let them go off
to play.  I admit that for a little while, she will leave him alone, but
once she catches his scent, it is off to attack.  The only toys that she
will allow him to play with are the tunnel, and the dig box, even though
I got him toys of his own, I know that some times they can be possessive
of their favorite toys.  I would greatly appreciate any help that anyone
can provide.

David