From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 20:53:25 -0400
Bowls: I guess the DJ got enough responses but my .02 cents is for those
parrot crock lock bowls that "screw" onto the cage, you can put them up just
a little bit which discourages any digging, plus they cant move them around.
As for marble stone bowls - I got one for water because I don't have trouble
with food bowl tipping - just water.  However these DONT hold water well.
The one I have sort of seeped it out the bottom as it seems the marble is
slightly porous.

Program and Heartworm medicine.  The pill problem sort of went by me as my
vet gave us the chewy meat kind of heartworm, brand Heartgard, which they
seem to like no problem.  I have to cut it up a little though as it's a
little tough for them.  The Program gets mixed with a little Ferretone and
they lap it right up.

Free range ferrets:  Well I only have two ferrets so it's not too bad.  I
use the treat method in the morning too!  When they were kits it was worse
but now it's not usually too bad.  If they are particularly insistent I just
dump all my stuff out the door, pick them up, back out and gently toss them
in and shut the door - very carefully! I also try to always remember to give
a quick visual check just to be sure.

The McDonalds story was hilarous!!!  Mine like french fries too along with
potato chips, Nilla Wafers, chicken wings (which I always retrieve - who
said humans could be trained to fetch?) and once a whole peanut and jelly
sandwich which wasn't in my bag when I got to work.  Found it 3 days later
in back of a drawer partially chewed:)

Ron Burling:  I find that the sound of ferret feet following me around
always reminds me of the low rumble of distant thunder.  I was wondering how
you would say something like "small/little/distant thunder walking/running"
in Chippewa? as it perfectly describes the sound Giesela makes as see
cruises around on the carpeting.

Happy DAY! Modern Ferret arrived and there were Giesela and Boris' behinds.
Really though my feet aren't as big as those boots look:) Great job guys.
Mary, Boris and Giesela
P.S.  I think a cowboy boot drag would be a great ferret contest and I think
Boris would win!  Cant wait to get a treat dispenser and see if they can
learn to use it.