From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2011 23:34:11 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret had just finished washing
some hammies and was hanging them on the clothesline. (Ohh really, did
you think they got clean on their own. Well maybe some do, but she was
really picky about the hammies and so she always washed them out
anyway). She hung the last one on the line and felt the flutter of
wings close to her--and then...the inevitable CRASH! Well at least he
missed her and the hammies on the line. It was Dexter, the little boy
courier, who looked up from his crash landing, and handed her the note,
and said,

"SawaFewwet, I sure wish I could learn to land wight. Maybe I need
wefwesher lessons. But anyway there is a fewwet cwossing the Bwidge and
his Daddy wequested you gweet him. So you best get yourself over there
and meet him. You know what happens when there is not one there. They
could wander off and get lost. Do you want me to get his family? I know
where they are?"

Since I know Dexter reads my notes before he gives them to me, I told
him to get the family and where they were to meet us. Then I wiped my
paws off from the housework and headed for the entrance. I was just in
time to meet the sweetest sable boy fuzzy, so I quickly introduced
myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering. You will run forever on green grass and have lotsa
friends. Did I mention all de fun and games?"

He looked at me and said, "Very nice to meet you, Miss SaraFerret. My
name is Bisbee, but my daddy calls me Mr. Bizzers or bizzy boy. I dunno
why. Kinda goofy I know, cause I don't give him any trouble like some
of the other ferrets, but... Do you know my daddy? His name is Scott.
By the way, where are all the friends you said would be here? You seem
very nice and I am sure you and I can be best friends if we are the
only ones here. We can have lotsa fun together. This seems to be a
pretty place from what little I can see."

I replied, "Bizzers, if that is okay for me to call you that, a lot of
daddys give us names like that. It is just something cute. Means
nothing except sweetness. I have heard of your daddy as I have greeted
some of his fuzzies when they have crossed. So you will see them later.
So you won't have to just be friends with me, not that I wouldn't love
to be friends with you. You are indeed one of the sweetest and most
polite fuzzies to cross. And yes indeed the Bridge is such a beautiful
place. No harm will ever come to you here. And I tell you what, you are
gonna get another surprise: You are gonna get wings just like mine --
well not exactly like mine--yours will be boy wings -- special designed
for you. They are so great for flying about the heavens--sure beats
hopping from cloud to cloud."

So I told him to come with me and as we walked down the garden path
to the Wing House where the wings were stored we discussed his first
parents who had to give him up--they were from the FFZ--where fuzzies
were considered illegal aliens--and we chatted how sad that was.
Fuzzies torn from the homes where their parents loved them so much, but
fortunately they were taken to such a good home of Daddy Scott who
loved him so much. As we reached the door, who should run up to me us
but Bubba, one of Daddy Scott's fuzzies who was his first arrival. He
hugged Bizzer and welcomed him and said, "I know you don't know me, but
we share daddies, so we are related." This cheered him up. We opened
the door and went inside and on the counter was a big box (of course).
He opened it and took out his wings--Bright red with yellow streaks
(sorta reminded one of those jingly balls he used to play with on
earth). I helped him put on his wings and Bubba adjusted his halo. Then
he ran to the big vanity mirror and gazed at his reflection. He turned
to me and said, "Gee I wish Daddy could see me now." Then I gots an
idea.

We opened the door and there was Blizzard, another one of the group.
(See, Bizzer, I told you I wasn't telling you stories). We went down
the path to the Misting Pond and sat down beside the cool clear water
and with one swish he saw the vision of Daddy Scott with Gigi and
Woozle, (his little friends who had come with him from the dreaded
FFZ). He got so excited he started waving and dooking with all of his
might. Hey, even Blizzard and Bubba began to wave.

"I love you Daddy. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for rescuing me.
I found some of my friends. This is a beautiful place. And they have
told me about some of the fun things they can do and I am so looking
forward to doing them. Oh yeah, I have wings now and they are beautiful
and soon I will be able to fly. I feel so much better now and I don't
hurt anywhere. It is just the best feeling."

Then he began to throw hugs and kisses and laid them on a nearby
shooting star which was headed to your house and by the time you should
read this it should have landed there. And with another swish the
vision was gone.

So we left there and went down the road where we began to hear music.
Oh yes, I knew that music, that familiar music and I knew what was
gonna happen!!!!!!!!! ABBA, the dancing queen suddenly appeared from
behind the trees with the group and they were all dancing. How could I
ever forget the way they sneaked the CD in their backpacks (as if they
would ever wear out here at the bridge, NOT). They all danced up to
Bizzer and welcomed him and he began to dance as crazy as they did. I
figured out, "Oh what the heck" as I usually did whenever I was around
this crowd. And I danced too. We danced all the way to the cottages
where a picnic was laid out. Bizzer's eyes lit up and he wondered why
they were having such a picnic. ABBA replied, "Well, Bizzer, its in
your honor. It's your Welcome to the Bridge party". Bizzer smiled from
ear to ear and his whiskers twitched. I was invited to stay and eat
and dance. So I decided to do it. Oh the plans were made for the Otter
MudSlide for the next day and maybe the Garage where they could race
cars and ... So many things to do and an eternity to do them in until
one day when Daddy would in the future come. I listened to them and
thought of my family and made plans to go visit my group--but I didn't
get a chance to visit with them very often. But it was fun to visit
with them and fantasize about what I could do with my group.

So ended another greeting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter