From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 May 1998 11:16:06 -0500
Speedy is our oldster that I thought had a back injury months ago and then
we thought it might be adrenal.  Well the Tenn Adrenal Panel came back with
normal readings but here a month later she is still no better so I opted for
an exploratory.  Her blood test showed her kidneys were in trouble.  Larry
found both kidneys to be nodulated, the right worse than the left, so he
left both in as she needs all the kidney support she has right now.  He also
found the left adrenal to be twice it's normal size and removed it (hence
the hairloss I presume).  I had taken Doc (my beautiful albino boy with
gorgeous ruby eyes and he's onary to boot) along as a blood donor in case
Wannabee needed him and as it turned out, Speedy was the greatful recipient
of 6-7 cc's of Doc's vibrant life saving blood (btw - Larry used the vein in
Doc's arm and didn't have a bit of trouble).  Speedy is resting comfortably
at home.

Wannabee had his spleen removed and it weighed in at a whopping 167 grams!
He is doing well and back with the crew.  He was even up this morning for
breakfast.

Doc slept the first night through and most of the morning but he is fully
recovered from his selfless donation.  I adore him even more now, little
fat feet and all.

I've been off-line for a few days so if anyone tried to reach me, that is
why I hadn't responded.

Hugs to all. tle