From:
Jennifer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 23:44:03 -0500
Hi all!
I am so far behind in reading the post that I'm even a little embarassed
to be saying so...So I have no way of knowing about recent past posts
concerning coat changes....

Here's my dilemma..My ferret Winston is a happy go lucky little fellow, but
for the past while all the hair has fallen out on his back...We are talking
complete strip of baldness down his back...When it was first started we
just attributed it to serious rough housing, but that's clearly not the
case.  He is still the same in the way that he is playful and mischevious...
Could this just be some crazy coat change?  One of our other ferrets is
starting the same thing.  They start losing it a little above the shoulder
blades (sort of the back of the neck area) and it continues all the way
down the back.  I also want to add that we have electric heat, and their
skin gets quite dry.  I have thought about buying some ferret spray-on
condtioner stuff...What's everyones take on this?  Has this happened to
anyone else out there?

Thanks a ton guys!!  Have a great new year!

Jen and the Bubble-Gum-Bum Gang,
Oliver, Quigley, Winston, Dakota and McKee!