From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:15:50 EDT
I noticed that there was interest in this.  I have been watching this
situation for some time.  Most animal therapy groups will not accept
ferrets.  I did see that yesterday however, one of us found a small
organization where ferrets were welcome.  That is encouraging.  Many
times however other organizations don't welcome ferrets.  I so wish that
would change.

At the same time, I wonder if I WANT to be part of some of the therapy
organizations.  Some groups tend to ask for a fee for this, and a fee for
that, on and on.....I mean I hate to say it, but I feel like i'm being
fleeced in those cases.  So be careful when looking at various
organizations out there.

I know there is Delta, they are probably the most well known group.
Its been over a year since I"ve looked into anything and forget other
organizations are out there for animal therapy.  You guys think there is
way we can get Delta or others to accept ferrets?  How do we do that?

I just wish I could have taken up our county schools on their offer to
do animal therapy regularly here.  Such a background would have been
wonderful documentation for groups to have so that they can see the
benefit of Ferrets being assistive therapy animals.

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on ferret deafness: