From:
Chris Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 21:37:01 -0400
My couch was just fine and dandy until SO brought home Hotspur one day in
August.  Hotspur managed to figure out in a short period of time that he
could get IN the couch from the top.  He got stuck.  Human ripped the
extremely sturdy bottom of my couch to get the brat out.  HUman patches the
hole.  Hotspur rips it open and shows Fidget, who until that moment, was
unaware the couch had an IN.  Human staples heavy flannel sheet to bottom
of couch.  Both ferrets work HARD to rip the sheet.  they succeed.  Human
sews on patch.  Hotspur rips a new hole by the leg.  IN the meantime one
two ferret harnesses have disappeared into the couch becuase humans didn't
know they had ripped a new hole.  Human has brainstorm (thanks to Modern
Ferret article).  Human runs to garage and grabs all scrap wood, bolts
scraps to couch legs.  Ferrets very upset...heeheehee.  I'm enjoying it
while it lasts.  I've secured the toolbox in an upstairs closet so the boys
can't get to the electric screwdriver and remove the wood.  Meanwhile, the
second sofa, which also has a ferret hole in it (although patched with a
sheet) sits safely in the dining room behind french doors.

cheers
chris b in WV with Fidget and Hotspur

Bacca's Menagerie
www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/3230/