From:
Debra Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 08:35:14 -0500
Hi Kathy,

We are fairly new to ferrets since Sept 2001 and our first guys bit a
little but not alot.  Then we got a deaf ferret and he as well as his
brother(not deaf) were unbelievable biters.  We used the scruffing, finger
as if shaking it at them and saying NO BITING!!!  and then placed them
back on the floor.  We did not want them to think the cage was punishment.
We also used alot of love therapy and holding, picking up ALOT, etc.  I
know that others will have maybe better solutions but after about a week
these guys were so lovey.  Sometimes they forget themselves and will latch
on but we scruff and do the same thing.

Best to you
Love & angel hugs
Debbie