Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 17:17:01 -0700
This morning early my daughter Ann called me crying.  "In your ramblings on
the FML did you see what to do with a sick ferret?" I asked her the
symptoms.  It was her rescue ferret that she has had for two yrs.  he was
about 3 yrs old when she got him and his cage mate.  they had been cramped
in a very small cage for several years.  He would only eat special diet cat
food.  when she took him to the vet for a check up the vet told her that
Franklin had terminal adrenal cancer and would only live 6 months even if he
had surgery.  So she didn't.  It is has now been over 2 years.  he lost all
his hair but has been happy and apparently healthy, until now.  She told me
he was not moving, limp, barely breathing.  when she picked him up and
cuddled him, he wiggled his nose and tried to lick her face, feebly.  I told
her I had read the stories where those of you who have had this happen would
tell the one it was alright to go.  They didn't have to suffer.  She called
me back later to tell me that as she held Franklin that first Einstein and
then Jung , then Kipling, all came up on the couch one at a time and touched
Franklins nose.  Then the girls came out and did the same thing, Harmony and
Inspiration.  But Glory his cage mate didn't.  Ann called her name and
Franklin started crying.  She laid him down and went and got Glory.  Glory
touched his nose, kissed his face, and Franklin gave a big sigh and was over
the rainbow bridge.  She put him in a small box with his favorite blanket
and let the others see what she was doing.  They watched her carefully.
Then she buried him in the back yard.  This is the first time she has lost a
fuzzy and is very torn up about it.  I reminded her that she and her hubby
had given him two long years of happiness.  I had to post for all you lovely
people on the FML.  I've chatted with some of you on ICQ and I'm having a
hard time writing this and didn't want to do it more than once.  Thank you
BIG for posting this.  You do a great job with the FML.

http://wwp.mirabilis.com/7145610