From:
"AnNa M. aDaM sPeAr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 23:50:20 -0600
Just read about someone with a little ticked carpet shark who couldn't get
under the couch....
 Jonathan and I got our couch and loveseat as a wedding gift (thanks
 Grandmother Spear!).  Actually, she gave us the money to buy furniture.  We
 picked it out.  Every couch we checked we crawled down on the floor and
 looked underneath.  "Jonathan, if you were rolly polly Beckett, do you
 think you could fit under here?" We shoved our hands under the cushions.
 "Hey Ahn, this is too thin.  They'll rip it to shreds in minutes." Our
 color scheme?  "No honey, that's too light...  you'll be able to see the
 pet hair." The material?  "Scratch it.  What do you think?  If you had
 ferret claws..." We have the perfect pet couch!  And it looks nice too!!!

And by the way, young Senor Beckett is getting too used to this house ferret
lifestyle.  I think, much to the dismay of his sibs, we may just keep him
out, even after he can go back with the others.  He's SOOOooOO good!  Seeing
as our pets are our kids, Jonathan and I don't have to make a huge deal
about meals.  So, we usually eat dinner sitting on the floor with our plates
on the coffee table and watch t.v. for a bit.  Beckett has taken to begging
for scraps.  Who could refuse that little sweetface?!  Today he got macaroni
and cheese and some chicken.  Oh, and a sip of Coke float.  Stitches come
out Monday.  Still no work on the results of the spleen sample.  Dr.
Williams?

Thanks for your time!!
  Anna

another plug for the ferret name list....
http://www.comland.com/~ahn/addferret.html OR
http://www.eden.com/~ahn/addferret.html (but not for much longer)