From:
Mark Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 00:01:26 -0800
>If vets in CA treat ferrets, and some seem to be public about this-- if
>a website is up, what would stop the local legal dept from coming in and
>confiscating any they find?

>Not all vets in CA will treat ferrets.  It is difficult to find one who
>>does and is knowledgeable.  There is nothing I know of to stop the local
>legaldept(DFG) from coming in and confiscating any ferrets they find.

this is to help clear some things up about vets here in cal.. as of 1-1-91
here in cal it is no longer illegal for vets to treat ferrets under some
tight rules.

1) if a ferret is being treated by a vet the owner MUST BE PREASENT or the
   vet is lyable to fines.
2) if the ferret is to be keept over night a release must be singed and on
   file with the ferret of ownership with a comfermed address...

this was all past due to the fact that vets where being prousacuted and
where no longer treating ferrets.  tha S.P.C.A. got this pasted to insure
the health of all amimals in cal.  this law pretains to all illegale pets
in this state.  it allso gives the vets a saftey for thier med records.
CF&G now needs a warent to inspect they files...

Mountain and the Hole in the wall gange

Walter      "wheres the valeum"
Filex       "got your toe heheh"
Raven       "who moved the laundry"
Snowball    "where did it go where did it go where did it go"
Bob         "daddy my legs are to short and my belly is to big
             like yours"
Nadia       "yes darnt it i am a lady"
Coco        "what do you mean thiers nothing under the carpet,
             watch i will prove thier is"
Dacoda      "I told you i could make your nose bleed......again"