From:
Kim VanderLaan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 15:21:09 -0500
Happy birthday to Snickers!!  She has the honor of becoming the oldest
ferret ever in my care!  She turns 8 years old today!

Snickers has suffered various health problems, including the usual
adrenal disease and insulinoma and subsequent surgeries to deal with
the conditions.  She has also been treated medically for insulinoma and
diabetes.  She was diagnosed with a mass and given a poor (won't live out
the month) prognosis in April.  I've been treating her since then with an
herbal remedy - Noni Juice twice per day mixed into Duck Soup (a mix of
soft food for sick ferrets) and she is doing great!  Most days, she acts
about half her age!

For those who might remember, this is the same ferret that accompanied us
when we visited Michigan last spring.

Just wanted to share some good news!!

Kim

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction
 to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."
 -- Calvin and Hobbes