From:
Sunny Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 23:28:34 EDT
We all know how much it costs to raise our one, two, eight and more little
children.  However, do we know how much it costs to feed those that aren't
ours?  What about the meds, the time, the bedding, water to wash their
bedding, the litter, the additional cages, ect.  to take care of the ones
that are fostered in our homes.  Of course there is the time that is
included for all of the additional little hugs and kisses so that these
little ones are not left out of play time.  We need to commend the shelter
parents of these shelter homes for sharing their time and their own monies
for helping these little fuzzies.

I have seen on this posting where so many of us are sewing and donating
time and money to these shelters and I want you all to know that it is
wonderful.  (I have five shelter babies and thank you for taking such
great care of these guys till they arrived in my home).

There is so much that can and could be done for these little fuzzies.  I
personally found out today that even the left overs here in my home can be
used to help assist shelters.  I'm talking of old pillowcases and sheets
that can be made into bedding for these little guys.

There is a gal in Ohio that has taken the time to shelter along with owning
her own ferrets and is running short of time and equipment.  I'm sure that
many of you have heard of her or spoke with her on many occasions.  She is
a very knowledgeable ferret person and seems to care for all of her little
ones and the ones that she is sheltering (and even remembers mine by name).
I know that on several occasions I have contacted her on my (oh lordy 8)
little ones and she has helped me through the touch and go moments.

I received an e-mail today asking for help.  Last year a friend who worked
for a motel gave her a large box of used sheets and pillowcases.  She is
running low on bedding and the shelter ferrets are coming in by the dozen.
The sheets are excellent to use on bottom of the cages, to walk on in the
summer and are cool to their bodies, cotton they love the best.  When the
weather is hot the pillow cases make up into perfect hammocks.  All are
easy to wash.  She has contacted several of the motels in the area to see
if they would donate old sheets and/or pillowcases and they have all
refused.  So if any of you out there, while doing your spring cleaning,
find you have more sheets and pillowcases than you need (or if you need and
excuse to get rid of the old and buy the new) please remember her shelter.
The fuzzies will appreciate it.  She will share any extra with other
shelters in the area.  She is Debbie Scott and you can mail to her at
200 N 3rd St. Ripley, Ohio 45167.  I know I have a few that I can share.

Thanks
Sunny