From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 09:08:50 CST6CDT
Grant Kozak went to adopt a ferret for a companion for one he already had.
He was nipped by the first ferret then he held two more.  Then he left.
That was on May 29.  Dave (shelter) went to court on June 4 and the judge
ruled for a quarantine.  Dave took the ferrets to his vet for quarantine.
Grant Kozak found another judge and appealed - this judge ruled (at 6 pm on
Friday) for killing and ordered the ferrets to be turned over to the
plaintiff (can you believe this?  If you believed they were rabid would you
turn them over to the plaintiff - of course not).  The plaintiff picked up
and took them to his own vet (no one knows who that is) on Sat morning.
Dave got an attorney and tried for a stay of execution but they didn't get
it through in time because of the weekend or for whatever reason.  They
found a judge Sunday but I don't know what he ruled.  The heads of the
ferrets arrived where they were suppose to be at 2:30 Monday afternoon.
Does that mean they didn't kill them till late in the morning or what???
The Governor didn't know where the ferrets were and neither did Dave or his
attorney.  Through this entire ordeal the state health dept recommended
quarantine and all 3 ferrets, less than 2 years old, were vaccinated.  And
they call it a justice system - I think not.

Plaintiff: Grant Kozak, 90 Upper Lakeview Avenue, Ringwood  NJ
07456-2830,  Telephone number  201-962-7691

My questions-
Do we have attorneys or those in related fields on this list to help
us on these issues?
How could the ferrets be turned over to the plaintiff?
Why were all three killed?
How can we make the officials and involved parties accountable for
their actions?
How could what they did be legal?
What can we legally do?
Anybody know any hit men or Mafia contacts? (well it was worth a try)

I know we've all been deeply affected by this incident.  Let's put our anger
and heartache to work here.  We need to stop this killing.  We need to make
the authorities accountable for their actions.

Here's another case I'm working on now..
Wichita Kansas about 3 weeks ago a 4 month old ferret was killed and tested
for SCRATCHING someone.  To make matters even worse the owner agreed to pay
for the post exposure treatments and they refused.  I'm still trying to dig
up the details and I'll post more info as well as addresses and phone
numbers as soon as I have the data.

Hugs to all. tle