From:
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 12:40:32 -0700
>From:    "Ferrets First Shelter, TX" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Trish's Shelter Update
>Science Diet *canned* catfood, with Ferretone on top. [...] Protein content
>is only about 11.5 percent, and fat content is only 5.5 percent (pretty
>lousy for a ferret)

Uh.  Probably good actually.  When you remove the moisture percentage from
the wet food to really compare percentages it gets pretty good.  We use
Science Diet A/D or Feline growth as a part of the mush for little kits.

There are problems with feeding canned food only but it isn't the protien
and fat content.

>Of course, there is no way he would open her up...until an ultrasound
>shows clear evidence of an adrenal tumor, and which gland is affected.

I believe he is the only vet I've heard of who thinks ultra-sounds are good
for adrenal gland diagnoses.  I'll check with the locals.

>From:    Suzanne Firth <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Help!  My ferret won't stay in her carring bag

Your ferret is training you to pick her up.  If you don't pick her up she'll
eventually decide that harness or not she will go ahead and act normally.

But the best ferret carry bags come from Warm Fuzzy Ferret Rescue They are
designed to work with their harness and leashes.  They also have "doublers"
that let you put two ferrets on one lead so they get less tangled.  See them
at the larger ferret shows or email [log in to unmask] (or is that

>From:    Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Unusual color

A champagne/cinnamon blaze isn't rare around here.  We have a couple.

BUT...

>Has anyone else seen ferrets with two different eye colors?

Had a sickly adoptee that had two different color eyes.

Only one I had known of.  But really most ferrets have green, brown or blue
eyes.  Albinoes have clear eyes.  People's eye color is described by the
iris where the pigment is.  Most of the blaze or panda ferrets have blue
eyes which look ruby with the red behind the eye.  Sables usually have brown
or green eyes.  Which look black because so little light reflects.

Really really really obsucre ferret in a movie.  There is a church where
people take their pets in one scene.  There is a ferret held by a lady in
the pew behind the main character.  Movie was "The Good-bye Bird"

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]