From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 1996 10:50:46 EST
Hi all--
Just wanted to say thanks to those who sent their support to me-- I
appreciate it!  The ferrets also helped lighten up the actual moving out
process, although not exactly on purpose.  As my ex- SO packed, we kept
finding little stashes of ferret food in unlikely places-- we both had to
laugh.  Now if they'd only eat the food they stash, I wouldn't feel bad
about the waste of expensive food...  ferts, I tell ya.

Couple of other things--
Meg-- Sweet Hart sounded like a true Canadian.  I'll give mine an extra
cuddle tonight in his memory.

Opposable thumbs-- Culy doesn't have opposable thumbs, but he does have
incredibly long fingers and divergent thumbs, which I don't think ferrets
are supposed to have.  Evolution in process?  It certainly does give him a
power grip.

Bad biters-- just wanted to give encouragement to all those dealing with
chompers.  The resolutions in yesterday's FML were great, especially the
first one about providing the ferret with a safe haven.  I've always found
with my two that any corporeal punishment just makes them madder.  The
biting is a mental problem (the result of fear), and I try to treat it as
such.  Cully's previous owner gave him up because he was such a bad biter,
but he hasn't drawn blood for a couple of months now.  So, there is hope!

Muppets-- I noticed the mustellid too, and chose to believe it's a ferret,
although what a ferret could do with a mixing board I don't even want to
consider.

Regina, Amelia (ZZZZ), and Cully (ZZZZZ)