From:
Melinda Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 May 1998 23:01:25 -0500
I want to thank everyone who wrote to me with encouragement and help.  I
greatly appreciate it.  Everyone was so very caring and kind.  Thank you.

After talking with many of you and listening to your stories and experiences
we have decided to get a second opinion and go from there.

We were going to go directly to Midwest bird and exotic animal hospital
which was highty recommended by a very knowlegeable ferret vet who has
dealt with them, but it would be about three hours from us.  With the heat
the way it has been and our air conditioner probably needing recharged we
did not want to take the chance right now.

The second vet we will be seeing her Tuesday evenning.  She will be examing
Stinka and listening to her heart again.  Hopefully I will have some more
news to pass on to everyone then.

Stinka is about the same.  We are still giving her the amoxy drops the
first vet gave us and letting her out to play every night.  She gets tired
after about 15 minutes and lays down in a corner so then we pick her up and
put her back in her cage to rest.  We noticed she was going to the bathroom
a few times today and nothing seemed to come out unless she urinated and we
did not see it.  We think maybe the amoxy drops constipated her.

Hopefully the vet will be able to give us more help and get Stinka on the
path to better health.

Thank you to everyone who has written in regards to my previous post.

Melinda
Stinka