"First annewilli:Last" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 02:10:10 -0500
Thank you, FMLers!  I haven't laughed this hard in a while.  I just tried
the rice sandbox thing with my fuzzbutts.  Too, too funny.

It all started when I was trying to get ready for bed.  Joe, my 4.5 pound
fuzzy, was in the bathroom "helping" me.  Mainly he was being dramatically
bored.  You know... sighing heavily, long languous stretches, flat ferret
rug poses and even flatter ferret rug poses.  Generally, if the repeated
heavy sighs and dejected stretches don't work, Joe goes for a "draping
routine".  He'll flat ferret a couple of feet away, then move closer and
flop down into flat ferret, then move closer.  He does this until he can
flop morosely across your foot.  It's so hard being Joe.  At any rate...
Joe was bored.  Thankfully, I had just finished reaading the FML and
remembered ya'll talking about rice tubs.  Unfortunately, I only have one
bathub and don't have an extra bedroom and don't have a baby pool on hand.
The best I could come up with was a cardboard box, a bundt pan, and enough
rice to fill it about half wayl.  You should have seen the little heads
popping out when I started pouring the rice into the pan!  Miesa and Joe
were in the box before the dust had time to clear!!  What a cool toy!!
They both plunged in and began to dig.  Interestingly enough, a 1.5lb
ferret fits just right in a bundt pan.  Around and around and around
Miesa went, backwards, of course... shoveling just as hard as she could.
(Physics, geometry and structure are lost on ferrets.) She'd still be
shoveling if I hadn't pulled her out of the box!  "Darn it... I WILL dig
it all out.  I WILL!" Funnier still was when Joe started shoving the pan
around with his back braced on one side of the box and Miesa shoved with
her back braced against the other.  Squish!  Talk about frustrated weasels!
We had to war dance for quite a while after the Great Rice Adventure.

Thanks for all the great ideas.  I'm still chuckling.. :)

Wessi
with Miesa, Joe and Tas