Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2008 23:55:01 -0500
I have a few questions about the distemper vaccinations that are given
to my ferret(s) at the vet...

1. My invoice says the vaccination was for ferret distemper. Is there
really "ferret distemper" or is this just shorthand for billing
purposes?

2. What kinds of distemper are ferrets susceptible to? How is it
contracted? How much of a threat is it if a ferret was not vaccinated?

3. How necessary is it to go in again in 30 days for a booster? The
vet did not make it sound like it was a dire need. Will the original
vaccination be invalidated if the ferret is not seen again in 30 days?

Answers to any or all of the above would be very appreciated. Thank
you, ferret friends!