From:
Kelly Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 16:35:27 EDT
Your post about them made me laugh, oh have I been there!  Personally, I
believe each ferret has a secret mission in life and they will spend their
entire lives seeing to that mission.  Raider's mission is to spill, knock
over and open any objects.  Squeak's mission is to contain all noise
making objects, shinny things, remotes, etc., as well as maintain a
restricted zone under the bed and to see to the protection of confiscated
toys and objects by not letting any unauthorized personnel under said area
(namely, my hand and the cat)

Sammy's mission is to dig to China and somehow do it in this life time.
And of course, Tank, his mission is to be master of socks (who by the
way, is now trying to remove them while still on my feet, I knew it was
only a matter of time.  No sock is safe in our house.)

So you see, aside from being here to drive you crazy and make you love
them all the more, they also have responsibilities as a ferret to complete
their assigned mission.  These things are out of our control.  Think of it
as Ferret Mission Impossible.

As far as the bowl issues, the Quick lock bowls work great and are easy to
use.  And the biting, Raider still gets me, even though I know he will do
it, he still sneaks up and gets me behind the knee when I am brushing my
teeth.  I can only assume he wants my attention, usually he wants up and
feels I am ignoring him and WOW, he gets my attention!  He is the only one
of mine who bites like that, but he has always done it and even with time
outs and talks, scruffing , etc., its just his way of communicating with
me.  I am sure someone might have better suggestions than me but the best
I can say is, avoid the situation.  With Sammy, who only wants to go up
the pant leg and doesn't bite, (yet, anyway) so, (this sounds really dumb)
while in the house I put my socks on the outside of my pant legs.  And
yes, I look like a dork but oh well, if it gets me five minutes of piece
its worth it!  To each his own, I wish you the best of luck and if you
come up with a good idea let me know.

Take care and good luck!

Kelly,
Raider, Squeak, Sammy and Tank the Sock Lord