From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 08:34:23 EST
Brenda-

Welcome to NJ!  The best ferret vet in NJ is Dr. Paul Kim at Ridgefield
Park Animal Hospital.  I drive about an hour to see him, but he is worth
it.  From where you are moving to, you're probably better off with one of
the PA vets, Dr. Edling is one that is really good, I'm sure someone on
this list can provide her contact info.  SHe is in the greater Philly area.

As far as the compendium, boiled down it means that if your ferret is
current on their Imrab3 rabies vaccine and bites someone, the state can't
chop off it's head to test for rabies and has to do a ten day quarantine
instead, same as they would for a dog.  So make sure your ferrets are
vaccinated.

Most of NJ is pretty ferret friendly, there are only two towns that I'm
aware of that do'nt allow ferrets, and the one you mentioned isn't one of
them.  (Can't remember the two that are, have it written down at home.)
You DO need a license.  You would apply for the annual license through
F&G, call 908-735-5450 for the application.  It's a $10 annual fee.

Feel free to write me directly if I can be of any assistance!

Anne Ryan
Fuztek Central shelter