From:
stephanie ann maehr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 1995 03:34:29 -0700
Hi!  First off, I just want to give my sincerest thanks to all of you who
e-mailed me with advice and support!  My precious babies are home from the
hospital and are enjoying Nutrical and Duck Soup every 2-3 hours.  We WILL
make it through this!  I also wanted to let everyone in NM know that
unforunately, the GREENIES are here.  As Dr.  Williams says, "Be afraid, be
very afraid." The ever-energetic and cheerful Jake appears to be the
carrier.  Just to let everyone know, he came from Jerry's Perfect Pets in
Coronado Mall, Albuquerque.  Jerry's carries ferrets from Marshall Farms
which does not have ECE.  Jake may have gotten it from the distributor or
someone handling him in the pet store.  I'm afraid to call Jerry's to let
them know--I'm afraid they'll destroy all the other kits who are obviously
quite healthy (just carriers).  Still, I don't want anyone to go through
what we've gone through.  Any advice?  Well, its 3 a.m.  and I've got to go
to bed before the next feeding.  Thanks again, everyone.  We're so glad
you're out there :).

Steph, Sophie, Marty, and Jake