Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2008 00:43:27 -0400
The ebay auction for the hand sculpted family trio of black footed
ferrets sold for $52 ! The winning bid is being donated to help Travis
vaccinate the BFF's against the plague, etc. Thank you Tracy (if you
are on the fml) for the winning bid and helping the BFF's! Another
auction will be held sometime this week and the link will be posted on
the fml. The money for this next one will also be donated the same way.
Thank you everyone for bidding on the trio.

I also came up with an idea this morning about making a floor for the
double Marshall Mansion I have (which I hate due to the inside make
up with wire shelves and wire stairs. I worried too much about them
falling from a high distance and came up with the idea of using plywood
for the floor by bracing it with 2 strong cup hook type hangers that
would twist together and lock on the bars in each corner. Of course I
would have Donald make a cut out for the hole for stairway which will
be covered with slip on fleece covers. I figure we can glue on linoleum
to the wood and then glue carpeting around the opening hole to the
stairways so that they could grip to get on the floor. Hopefully we can
try this next weekend. I need linoleum on the floors as it is easy to
clean. Or the thought of using metal bars or the shelves that come with
it and use them on each end (one end would be to the opening hole of
stairway) for supporting the precut plywood that has already been
prepared with linoleum and carpeting. I like the outside of this cage
but hate the insides! I do not understand why these cage companies do
not offer alternative insides for their cages, that are safer, or do
they?. I have two double story Ferret Nation cages, but have to keep
another cage as one pair of ferrets I adopted a couple years ago, well,
the female does not like any ferrets besides her brother, She is out
for blood when it comes to other ferrets.

Eleanor, Donald and the 12 ferts