From:
Marion Houle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 20:05:00 +0000
for Minta - Idea to clip Leonard's nails.  It doesn't sound very nice but it
doesn't hurt them at all.  You need two people to do this though.  Scruff
the little fert so they can't move and then get someone else to clip their
toenails.  I was at the vet one time and I had forgotten to give them a
quick trim (just so they wouldn't scratch the vet) and we had no ferretone
with us, so we used that method and it worked quite well.  Good luck!

for J.D. - you wanted some funny stories!!  I'll give you a cute one.
I have four ferts and two cats.  I have to do three shifts of ferrets
because they don't all get along!  Now picture this: I work in a
professional office - so this morning I am wearing a business suit - short
skirt and jacket - 4 inch heels (my choice) $12 nylons and just doing the
final switch of ferts and cats to make sure all are happy for the day.
I've got two ferts in one arm (trying desperately not to drop them or step
on the cat who is weaving through my legs and attacking my heel).  I get
the two boys (Bartles and Jaymes) dropped off into their room and then I
have to go and find another ferret - Louise.  Get her, usually from in my
laundry basket (dirty clothes) where she has hidden at least three pairs of
clean socks and two or three pairs of clean undies (how do they get to the
top drawer - I have never seen them do it but I know they can!!) Shut the
door in the cats faces so they can't get out and try and trip me.  Put
Louise in the cage (this depends on the day - the boys and Louise alternate
from having the whole room or the cage).  There.  Now, we have to go and
find Thelma who has probably thrown all my CD's off the rack and tipped all
2000 books onto the floor - I haven't figured out yet how she climbs my
book shelf either.  Put Thelma in her cage (she hates all ferrets and cats
and has to be kept very far away from them!!) Then I give them all treats
to make sure they are good for the day.  Next - I have to go and put all
the CD's and books back where they belong.  Pick up the pillows and
blankets that I put on the floor just before I took them out so they
wouldn't hurt themselves if they fell of the dresser or the bookshelf!!
(Get my drift!!)

J.D.  - I do this every day Monday to Friday and it takes about an hour to
make sure all the fuzzies are ready to be put back away for the day!!  I
have been doing this for almost a month.  But I have had Thelma and Louise
for almost two years and the only thing that is different is another shift!!

Hope you liked that one!

take care everyone,

Marion and her wonderfully fun group of 6