From:
"Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary in Hernando, MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 15:30:27 -0400
OMG! Am I a bad mom or what....how could I have forgotten to mention
Conner. My first DEW. He was one of the three ferrets surrendered by a
late-term cancer stricken owner who wanted to spend one more Christmas
with her beloved ferrets before entering "last resort" treatment which
did not save her life. Conner came to me with his two silver-mitted
cagemates and not long after, began a long a steady decline. We never
were able to pin point his illness or the cause of all of his, at the
time, major health concerns back a few years ago. So we decided after
all tests showed nothing conclusive to use melatonin implants ... since
all of our other methods failed. and like, whammo....! His fur got
thick and cushy, he began eating big time, and his straining to pee
all the time resolved. Conner enjoyed years of love, play, and treats!
Then one Sunday afternoon while I was cleaning cages, he collapsed
without warning. My big beautiful DEW boy was gone. Conner was one of
those big sweet ferrets who loved and played with everyone and never
got enough lovin' from me.

So many wonderful kid pass through my doors only to never leave to a
"forever home." They are loved no less than any of my own pet kids and
should have a bridge greeting too, I think. But just my shelter kids
alone would keep all of the Greeters busy - and if all of us shelters
asked for greetings for all those who passed to the Bridge under our
care, the Greeters would never get any rest.

Through my tears and my broken heart, I kinda feel like Skye is asking
me to help him do his last duty as overseer to the shelter kids. No.
421?

Thanks again for listening and crying with me....Maren.