From:
Roberta McCanse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2008 07:33:58 -0600
We should also be actively pushing congress to demand listing of the
black tailed prairie dog as endangered. This would put a final stop to
the extermination of the food supply for our BFFs and would help end
the mass killings of the prairie dogs elsewhere. The fact that prairie
dogs are good for the environment should far outweigh arguments in
favor of killing them just to promote rancher profits. This is
especially true where ranchers have allowed their cattle to devastate
the federal lands our government allows them to use for free.

Katherin Sebelius has shown herself to be environmentally aware in the
past. Lets hope that we can convince her to step in now. Failing that
lets get it together to protect the prairie dogs federally.