From:
Tony XXX <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 22:20:07 +0000
Last night one of my hobs decided to do something that he had not done
before and it took me by surprise, instead of climbing up my arm and
onto my shoulder he dropped to the floor, before I managed to catch him
he was out of the shed door and through the hedge, by the time I got a
torch and started a search he was nowhere to be found.

I phoned the RSPCA straight away then at 7 am. I started by contacting
the locale radio stations then by 9 am I started to phone around my
locale vets and people in the area who also keep ferrets and from what
the locale game keeper and other ferret keepers had to say they didn't
hold much luck for his safe return, as I was talking to one guy I heard
something crash in the outside passage, the type of crash that only a
ferret can make as he checks to see if the box put out for him is safe
and when I went to look there he was sitting in a box of shredded paper
that I had put out for him in case he did come home.

Just goes to show that I can't mistreat my ferrets that much and that
my ferrets hold me in their affections, even if they are just looking
for a meal.

--
If I can be of any help, I am not a vet and in the past 40 years none of
my animals have visited a vet for anything other than routine check ups.

Updated 06/September/06