Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2007 09:45:52 -0500
I'm fortunate that my laundry area is closed off to the ferrets but I
have to be very careful when going to that area as they have a section
of the basement near there.

One thing that might help for some that don't have a separate room is
to block off the area with a ferret playpen. Just as we might use the
playpens to keep ferrets in an area we can use them to keep them out.
as well. It might be a bit of inconvenience at first but it will serve
as a constant reminder to keep watch when using our appliances. It can
be used around any appliance including dishwashers. A gentle reminder.

These little ones are so quiet and fast it only takes a second for them
to jump into a pile of dirty clothes going into the washer or jump into
an open dryer, dishwasher or other appliance. I've been known to put
bedding in the washer, take it out and check through it again, put it
in and take it out again. Sometimes I think I'm being neurotic but
that's just the way I am at times.

My thoughts are with Bisquit and Lisette, both for healing.

I know it is hard to do but acceptance often brings peace. We often
need to accept things that make us sad or are painful. Once we accept
that what was done was done and we can't change it by mourning our
mistake but we can be more carefel from that point on and we can move
on. It doesn't mean we aren't painfully aware of the consequences of
our actions, it only means we can learn and share our mistakes with
others so they to can learn and we can all move on. I've had those
experiences myself, we all have.

Unfortunately accidents do happen. An accident is something that
wasn't done on purpose. It is something that occured due to certain
circumstances.

Healing hugs. tle