From:
Patrick Hallahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Sep 2005 07:50:37 EDT
I see there is still a lot of in fighting over shows and judges.  My kids
have never been in a ring nor will they ever be but to me they are all
best of show and best of breed and they couldn't care less about a ribbon
just give them a treat or some "tone" and they are happy.

My thoughts on ferret shows compares to dog shows and even figure skating
competition.  Why is one dog picked over another even though it is not
your favorite dog, why is one skater picked over another even though both
routines were flawless?

It is in the judges perception.  No one is playing favorites as in the
dogs competition, the judge would pick the type of dog she or he likes,
in the skating if the judges were American only Americans would win.

Judges are not perfect and they do make mistakes as they are only human
as well, so in light of all the hardships going on with the hurricane
victims and their pets and all the fur kids that are sick and need help
I (in my opinion) think we should stop fighting over ferret shows and
move on to helping one another with our fur kid problems

Thank you
Patrick and his six pack